Monday, November 9, 2009

59 1/2











Halfway to my big 60 birthday. I can remember when I was 20 and I was sitting in a rusty old blue truck, cuddled up listening to a deep loving voice describe to me how our life would be at 60. The comfort, peace and assurity of that voice telling me of a love that would still be strong, a home where we could sit on porch and watch the grandkids play, happy and at peace knowing our kids were producing the love we saw in the grandkids eyes and knowing they were secure.




Last night I got to keep my greatgrandaughter to spend the night. It was such a special moment.




The next morning we were in the bathtub, getting ready for church. I was washing her hair and she lifted her face and stared at be with these hugh eyes and a dop of water was under her eye and the long lush lashes were wet, And in that face I saw the same eyes I saw those years ago that gave me comfort and love and a promise of a future.




A future that died at 25 way to young. A promise that died and somehow I have never found another promise.








But in each of their eyes I see their future and promise and I weep with love and graditude for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment