Friday, May 29, 2009

Getting OLD

Of all the things to do...I stared too long in the mirror tody. What was I thinking ? Thats the point I went braindead and began to stare at the woman looking at me. Where did I go? Its like that email that goes around about suddenly not knowing who that woman looking at you is.

I started with seeing the crepe skin on my arms as I was applying my lotion. First I thought I am just dehydrated. But I'd have to drink a stock tank of water to replenish that skin.
Then I looked, I mean really looked at my jowls. As I have lost some weight they really fall down without the fat to hold them up. Heck that's a good reason alone to stay fat. :)

My eyelids droop down over my eyelashes so that I feel a hair is in my eye lots of the time. Maybe people think its an involuntary tick to brush my eye so often.

The tan on my legs doesn't seem to be from the sun.

Oh the joys of getting old.
Instead why don't I see the wisdom in my eyes, strength of my heart, stubbornness of my will and overwhelming love in my eyes. Nope that would be to easy hopefully others will see that. Well I can hope can't I?

1 comment:

  1. Old or not, you're still gorgeous!

    Have you checked out the antique stores and flea markets for the stained glass?

    ReplyDelete